December 14, 2008

Big Game for Deon Thompson


Ah, I miss UNC basketball. I got to catch the game via an internet feed but it got pretty laggy. That's not a word, but it was full of lag. I did, however, still get to witness Deon's 22 point outing, a career high I believe. Tyler Hansbrough is also approaching Phil Ford's UNC scoring record which he is only nine points shy of now. That one's a big one, but I have my eye set out for J.J. Redick's ACC record of 2,769 points. Tyler is sitting at 2,282 and there is 21 regular season games left. So, not counting the ACC or NCAA tournaments that I am hoping UNC will make (very) deep runs into, Tyler could actually break the record by the end of the season by averaging a little over 23 points a game. That may be a stretch, but with the help of tourny games, I think the kid can do it. And he's gotten this far without the help of 3 pointers.

1 comment:

  1. Umm, YES. Why has not more been said about Tyler jackin' threes this year. He is shooting 50 percent beyond the arc. And Blake Griffin showed he was human last night, still brining in a double double but I think it was like 12 pts. 11 rebs. If Tyler breaks the ACC scoring record and doesn't win POY again, I'll be pissed. Remember the last guy to set that record won POY. He shall remain nameless. It's kind of like saying Voldemort. As I recall, he who shall not be named was co-POY with another NBA dud with a skanky moustache.

    ReplyDelete