March 4, 2009

Why I Hate Duke: Part 1 - Video Evidence

So, maybe I should just throw one of these posts up a day until the game on Sunday (which I got tickets too, be jealous), because it needs to be shown how much I do in fact hate those bastards. My apologies to Mike Posner, but man that basketball team makes me angry.

Here's some video evidence from this year of the way Duke has been able to control the officiating situation, and has been able to for some time. I was witness to the Scheyer debacle the other day, yet this second clip with Elliot Williams - Duke's highly touted frosh who I haven't seen much from, except since being inserted into the starting lineup has apparently made Duke all of the sudden twelve times better, a claim I do not support, just look at the scores of the games they have been "so much better in" - blows the first out of the water on no calls.



See, this one is bad because it was a late game shoulda'-been-call and VT wasn't completely out of the game at this point. Had there been a turnover on Duke's half of the court the outcome may have differed. Side note: I saw a Dookie put up this same video claiming Scheyer was getting mugged. It's called defense, get used to it. Plus, I've had to watch Hansbrough get cold-clocked almost every game this season.



This is just silly. Especially with it being in a game pitting 8 and 9 ranks against each other. There are ramifications involved.

More of why I hate Duke tomorrow. Maybe I'll mention the flopping thing...

No comments:

Post a Comment